Halloween or ‘All Hallow’s Eve’ originated many years ago from ancient traditions but in more recent years Halloween has gained, lost and completely changed many of its connotations but we now have a cause for celebration in a month full of sudden dark mornings and grey skies so, who’s complaining?
Whether you’re attending or hosting this year’s costume party, spending the evening carving ghoulish faces into pumpkins or enjoying a cosy night wrapped up watching horror films, it is always our aim to ensure that any kind of occasion is filled to the brim with plenty of Champagne. For this reason exactly, we have created a list of our Top 10 Halloween Champagnes that will add a little chill to any kind of plans you may have for this 31st October.
- Ayala Brut Majeur Champagne 75cl – This Champagne is beautifully elegant with a firm, chalky edge and mineral, mouth-watering flavours on the palate. The honeyed and biscuit notes make this a delicious wine to curl up with this Halloween.
- Billecart-Salmon Brut Reserve Champagne 75cl – A Champagne that suits every occasion and is delicious with a wide variety of dishes. Billecart-Salmon Brut Reserve is elegant and full with perfect elegant aromas and would create the ideal arrival drink to greet your fancy-dressed party guests with!
- Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage 2012 Champagne 75cl – An enticingly fragrant, autumnal nose of fresh walnuts, hazelnuts and biscuits lead to ripened fruits such as pear, white peach and nectarine. One to really enjoy and savour in your favourite company.
- Veuve Clicquot Extra Brut Extra Old Champagne 75cl – This unique Champagne is made entirely with reserve wines from six vintages from 1988 to 2010. Fine bubbles flow continuously in this very dry style of Champagne creating an outstanding wine to really impress your fellow party-goers with this Halloween.
- Beau Joie Demi-Sec Champagne Bertrand Senecourt 75cl – Presented in a black limited edition bottle inspired by the armour that the knights of France once wore to defend their kingdom, this Champagne is a real crowd-pleaser. The black suit keeps the Champagne at the correct temperature for up to 2 hours so no need for melting ice buckets all night long! This is a sweet Champagne tinged with pink highlights and an elegant, youthful palate.
- Laurent Perrier Grand Siécle Champagne 75cl – Bottled in a replica of the 17th Century style bottle, this Champagne embodies magnificence and elegance. Award-winning, balanced and deliciously fresh – this is the perfect one to open up and create a Halloween to remember.
- Dom Perignon 2002 Plenitude P2 Vintage Champagne 75cl – Dark, mineral and spicy, this Dom Perignon Vintage Champagne has a sharp intensity with incredible balance and an unforgettable energy. Toasty and warm fruit aromas with a perplexing palate, this Champagne would certainly be the life of the party.
- Armand de Brignac Ace of Spades Blanc de Blanc 75cl – Not only does this Champagne really look the part for Halloween celebrations but its incredible bouquet, structure and lingering finish will send shivers down your spine! A genuine expression of Chardonnay grapes and a true experience of luxury.
- Salon Blanc de Blanc le Mensil Champagne 2002 Vintage 75cl – The 38th Vintage ever released from this very small Champagne House. Pure, precise and extremely rare creating the perfect Champagne to open at a smaller gathering in order to truly savour its complex nature and mesmerising qualities.
- Krug Clos D’Ambonnay 2000 Vintage Champagne 75cl – Last, but certainly far from least is this expression of a unique walled plot of Pinot Noir harvested in 2000. Rich flavours of tarte tatin, pastry and cream make for a Champagne experience like no other, especially when paired with seafood or shellfish at a Halloween dinner party.
Take a look at our website for the full list of ‘Halloween-themed’ Champagne ideas that we suggest for some seasonal, celebratory drinking – have a great, Champagne-filled Halloween!